Key to delivering world class products to our customers is the ability to optimize the cost and efficiency of our manufacturing processes. Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Quality Engineer manages complex projects involving new equipment, process improvements, and modifications to existing equipment with an overall goal of improving the quality, capability and capacity of our production lines. Utilizing continuous improvement tools, the Quality Engineer will analyze, plan, and manage projects related to equipment purchases and upgrades, including all stages of project execution from final equipment selection to startup and documentation.
The Quality Engineer will provide guidance and technical support to Manufacturing Engineers, Process Engineers, Maintenance Technicians, and Operations Personnel. This position requires strong project management, teamwork, collaboration, and communication skills. The Quality Engineer utilizes prior experience, current research and creativity to develop ideal solutions to manufacturing needs. The Quality Engineer will assist in the planning, development, implementation, communication and maintenance of the company’s quality management systems, polices, documentation, data, and customer-specific requirements.
- Review and Assess Supplier QMS and Process/Product Development
- Identify Quality issues via On-Site visits and assessment audits
- Testing and assessments on product to identify potential or current quality issues
- Initiate & maintain Documentation and reports as they relate to Supplier Quality with interface with UACJ Quality and Manufacturing Engineering
- Initiate & maintain communication between suppliers and Quality and Purchasing Management with regularly scheduled meetings
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to supplier along with designing or specifying inspection and testing mechanisms and equipment; guidance will be in conjunction with plant specific Quality Engineer to ensure customer expectations are understood and met
- Analyzing production and service limitations and standards
- Recommending revisions of specifications when indicated
- Assure that plant wide quality policies and instructions are maintained at Supplier Locations
- Assure inspection of product is conducted and data is analyzed
- Assure supplier Maintains Quality documents i.e. APQP documents, IATF certification and other applicable certification related to the tubing field including extrusions, coatings, fabrications and assembly components
- Support New Product Launches and Engineering changes
- Review and approve supplier PPAP using AIAG standards as well as Customer Specific Requirements
- Communicate to the supplier UACJ and its customers quality expectations and corrective/preventive actions
- Evaluate the effectiveness of supplier corrective/preventive actions
- Log and follow-up supplier quality complaints
- Work with Purchasing for all supplier scorecard input
- Have knowledge of various ASTM and customer specifications as well as ISO9001, BV, AS9100, NADCAP, Norsok and other certifications and procedures.
- Promote Safety as the Number One Priority of all HandyTube employees
- Performs other tasks as assigned
- Bachelors’ Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- At least 5 years’ related experience.
- Mechanical aptitude and willingness to get dirty.
- Ability to utilize ERP system to analyze machine performance.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills with the ability to correspondence verbally and in writing in a manner which results in mutual understanding.
- Mentor and provide technical support to less experienced engineers at HandyTube
- Ability to work with limited direction, collaborate with other individuals and groups as appropriate to project and manage multiple concurrent tasks.
- Ability to lead process improvements using our HandyTube continuous improvement system, including the development and implementation of standard work.
- Ability to influence cross-functional business partners.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects and tools, reach with hands and arms, and regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Good close vision and depth perception skills.
- AutoCAD and SolidWorks experience preferred.
- Positive attitude, good judgment and excellent time management skills.
- Develop and inspect work instructions.
- Part inspection, including layout, in process, final and receiving using all types of mechanical inspection.
- Preparation of inspection reports.
- Coordination and performance of internal process/product audits.
- Performance process capability studies.
- Good oral/written communication skills.
- Capacity to work independently, must be self-motivated.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multitask.
- In-depth knowledge of operating measurement equipment.
- Good knowledge of manufacturing processes.
Steel Partners Holdings L.P. (NYSE: SPLP; www.steelpartners.com) is a publicly traded diversified global holding company that has significant interests in leading companies in various industries including diversified industrial products, energy, defense, banking, insurance, food products and services, oilfield services, sports, training, education, and the entertainment and lifestyle industries.
As long-term investors, Steel Partners has focused on enhancing value through the implementation of operational excellence, corporate strategic restructuring programs and other components of the Steel Partners culture - what we call “The Steel Way.” Together, Steel Partners businesses generate $3.4 billion in revenue and employ more than 13,000 people in 18 countries.
To find out more about the company, please visit www.SteelPartners.com.
HandyTube Corporation is a seamless specialty tubing manufacturer based in Camden, Delaware. As a premium manufacturer, HandyTube provides customer-specific solutions for the flow of gas, steam, and liquids in the most harsh and demanding environments. The Company’s process allows it to produce made-to-order, seamless, stainless steel and specialty alloy tubing ranging from one inch in diameter to finer than a human hair, and in continuous lengths that can exceed a mile. Dedicated to high-quality service and products. HandyTube’s highly experienced engineers provide expertise on new product development through continuous improvement and lean manufacturing and work successfully with customers globally to take products and projects from initial concept to full scale implementation.
Customers rely on the Company’s team of engineers to refine ideas, explore options, create new solutions, analyze values, and deliver on commitments.
To find out more about HandyTube, please visit www.handytube.com.