Maintenance Mechanic A
We are looking for Maintenance Mechanic A employees to service equipment for our world class tube products for HTC using safe techniques and effective lean manufacturing principles. Maintenance Mechanic A, repair, adjust, and test machines, devices, moving parts, and equipment that process stainless steel tubing. Maintenance A inspects equipment structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems and defects. Maintenance Mechanic A employees must be team players and committed to delivering only the best quality to our customers in a safe and efficient manner.
- Promote Safety as the Number One Priority of all HTC employees.
- Maintenance technicians report to the Maintenance Manager.
- Primary maintenance technician duties / responsibilities include:
- Performing preventive maintenance activities such as lubricating, measuring wear, measuring positions, repositioning components; and observing operations, vibrations, and noise levels.
- Performing emergency / breakdown maintenance as necessary to support plant operations.
- Referencing equipment manuals and other technical literature.
- Contacting and working with vendors and subcontractors to achieve desired results.
- Accurately using measurement and test equipment.
- Performing electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, steam system, and other repairs and installations as needed.
- Adhering to all Locking Out Tag Out equipment procedures
- Maintaining clean and organized work areas and cleaning up work areas as part of completing assigned tasks.
- Accurately and completely preparing and maintaining maintenance records troubleshooting and solving problems.
- Maintaining teamwork with other associates.
- Keeping supervision informed of problems and/or unusual situations.
- Performing other duties as assigned by supervision.
- Troubleshooting abilities with PLCs is a plus. (Automation Direct preferred)
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Manufacturing experience (tubed products preferred).
- Capable of using standard tools and measurement devices such as micrometers, scales, rulers, depth gauges and calipers.
- Ability to interpret safety instructions, job orders, quality specifications, and other related documents.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong math and mechanical reasoning skills.
- Ability to contribute as part of a team.
- Ability to walk, stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance; and regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Good close vision and depth perception skills.
- Positive attitude, good judgment and excellent time management skills.
- Strong sense of responsibility and ownership!
Steel Partners Holdings L.P. (NYSE: SPLP; www.steelpartners.com) is a publicly traded diversified global holding company that has significant interests in leading companies in various industries including diversified industrial products, energy, defense, banking, insurance, food products and services, oilfield services, sports, training, education, and the entertainment and lifestyle industries.
As long-term investors, Steel Partners has focused on enhancing value through the implementation of operational excellence, corporate strategic restructuring programs and other components of the Steel Partners culture - what we call “The Steel Way.” Together, Steel Partners businesses generate $3.4 billion in revenue and employ more than 13,000 people in 18 countries.
To find out more about the company, please visit www.SteelPartners.com.
HandyTube Corporation is a seamless specialty tubing manufacturer based in Camden, Delaware. As a premium manufacturer, HandyTube provides customer-specific solutions for the flow of gas, steam, and liquids in the most harsh and demanding environments. The Company’s process allows it to produce made-to-order, seamless, stainless steel and specialty alloy tubing ranging from one inch in diameter to finer than a human hair, and in continuous lengths that can exceed a mile. Dedicated to high-quality service and products. HandyTube’s highly experienced engineers provide expertise on new product development through continuous improvement and lean manufacturing and work successfully with customers globally to take products and projects from initial concept to full scale implementation.
Customers rely on the Company’s team of engineers to refine ideas, explore options, create new solutions, analyze values, and deliver on commitments.
To find out more about HandyTube, please visit www.handytube.com.