We are looking for Machine Operators to produce world class tube products for HTC using safe machine operating techniques and effective lean manufacturing principles. Machine Operators use various equipment and processes to convert steel coils into a more workable form. The Machine Operators then clean the coils and convert them into the desired diameter and length using continuous or semi-continuous production lengthening equipment. Finally, Machine Operators cut the coils and prepare them for shipment based on customer needs. These processes require strong attention to detail and precision. Reporting to a Shift Supervisor, the Machine Operators must be team players and committed to delivering only the best quality to our customers in a safe and efficient manner.
- Follow all safety processes and procedures related to the operation of equipment and movement of materials.
- Remain alert to lifting, pushing or pulling activities that might result in injuries or harm to yourself or others.
- Set up machine, observe operation, and inspect first run and sample work pieces to ensure machining conforms to specifications.
- Read job order for product and job specifications such as quality and size.
- Select and adjust equipment to conform to production requirements including speeds and feed rates.
- Perform routine lubrication and preventative maintenance as required.
- Perform audits of equipment as required to ensure quality, safety and performance measurements are met consistently.
- Assist other machine operators to set up machines and transport finished work
- Maintain a neat and well-organized work area.
- Cross train on additional Manufacturing equipment and processes in order to maximize contribution to production goals.
- Participate effectively as part of the team and communicate in a respectful manner.
- Participate in continuous improvement and lean activities as directed.
- Observe all policies and procedures including those related to time and attendance.
- Perform other duties as directed by Supervisor or Group Leader.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Manufacturing experience (tubed products preferred).
- Capable of using standard tools and measurement devices such as micrometers, scales, rulers, depth gauges and calipers.
- Ability to interpret safety instructions, job orders, quality specifications, and other related documents.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong math and mechanical reasoning skills.
- Ability to contribute as part of a team.
- Ability to walk, stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance; and regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Good close vision and depth perception skills.
- Positive attitude, good judgment, and excellent time management skills.
- Strong sense of responsibility and ownership!
Steel Partners Holdings L.P. (NYSE: SPLP; www.steelpartners.com) is a publicly traded diversified global holding company that has significant interests in leading companies in various industries including diversified industrial products, energy, defense, banking, insurance, food products and services, oilfield services, sports, training, education, and the entertainment and lifestyle industries.
As long-term investors, Steel Partners has focused on enhancing value through the implementation of operational excellence, corporate strategic restructuring programs and other components of the Steel Partners culture - what we call “The Steel Way.” Together, Steel Partners businesses generate $3.4 billion in revenue and employ more than 13,000 people in 18 countries.
To find out more about the company, please visit www.SteelPartners.com.
HandyTube Corporation is a seamless specialty tubing manufacturer based in Camden, Delaware. As a premium manufacturer, HandyTube provides customer-specific solutions for the flow of gas, steam, and liquids in the most harsh and demanding environments. The Company’s process allows it to produce made-to-order, seamless, stainless steel and specialty alloy tubing ranging from one inch in diameter to finer than a human hair, and in continuous lengths that can exceed a mile. Dedicated to high-quality service and products. HandyTube’s highly experienced engineers provide expertise on new product development through continuous improvement and lean manufacturing and work successfully with customers globally to take products and projects from initial concept to full scale implementation.
Customers rely on the Company’s team of engineers to refine ideas, explore options, create new solutions, analyze values, and deliver on commitments.
To find out more about HandyTube, please visit www.handytube.com.