Reporting to the Sourcing Procurement Manager, the Buyer primary responsibility is to create purchase orders, and requests for quotations and assist/work with various departments to ensure requirements are met.
- Promote Safety as the Number One Priority of all HandyTube employees.
- Interacting with suppliers to schedule delivery times and resolve shipping errors.
- Assist in continuous improvement projects related to MRO supply-chain.
- Assist with vendor tracking and produce scorecards for key suppliers.
- Review and remedy discrepant purchase orders, paid invoices, goods delivered, product.
- Maintain contact with suppliers to ensure timely delivery; interval set by priority of urgency. Notify management if critical delivery could be delayed.
- Creating purchase orders for MRO demands
- Monitor inventory and excess stock for MRO requirement updates where required in coordination with dept. utilizing, corrective action where possible
- Conduct regular review of min/max levels with Sourcing Procurement Manager.
- Initiate purchase orders to hold inventory at established min/max levels.
- Working with Quality to ensure all NCR/Corrective actions are sent to suppliers.
- Support other departments as needed.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Authorizing payments and maintain receipts, records, and inventories
- Monitoring office supplies and ordering new stationery, furniture, appliances, building facilities and electronics as required
- 5+ years purchasing production or material planning experience
- Associates preferred; experience will be considered
- Experience MRP/ERP systems; QAD, EAM preferred
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office Suite.
- Ability to communicate and relate to people at all levels of an organization.
- Self-directed with attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Highly organized with a tenacious sense of urgency
- Excellent negotiating abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and decision-making ability.
- Works effectively under pressure using sound judgement for prioritization (may be covered under last item, except working well under pressure) I know pulled by various people/depts
- Solid understanding of supply chain concepts and supplier analysis methods.
- Strong skills in mathematics, finance, or accounting.
- Positive attitude, good judgment, and excellent time management skills.
Steel Partners Holdings L.P. (NYSE: SPLP; www.steelpartners.com) is a publicly traded diversified global holding company that has significant interests in leading companies in various industries including diversified industrial products, energy, defense, banking, insurance, food products and services, oilfield services, sports, training, education, and the entertainment and lifestyle industries.
As long-term investors, Steel Partners has focused on enhancing value through the implementation of operational excellence, corporate strategic restructuring programs and other components of the Steel Partners culture - what we call “The Steel Way.” Together, Steel Partners businesses generate $3.4 billion in revenue and employ more than 13,000 people in 18 countries.
To find out more about the company, please visit www.SteelPartners.com.
HandyTube Corporation is a seamless specialty tubing manufacturer based in Camden, Delaware. As a premium manufacturer, HandyTube provides customer-specific solutions for the flow of gas, steam, and liquids in the most harsh and demanding environments. The Company’s process allows it to produce made-to-order, seamless, stainless steel and specialty alloy tubing ranging from one inch in diameter to finer than a human hair, and in continuous lengths that can exceed a mile. Dedicated to high-quality service and products. HandyTube’s highly experienced engineers provide expertise on new product development through continuous improvement and lean manufacturing and work successfully with customers globally to take products and projects from initial concept to full scale implementation.
Customers rely on the Company’s team of engineers to refine ideas, explore options, create new solutions, analyze values, and deliver on commitments.
To find out more about HandyTube, please visit www.handytube.com.